This is the kind of discussion Japanese lolita BBS's have.
No one has an identity, and unless they enter a name (usually,
they don't), they are referred to as "nobrandsan." There's a lot
of fluff (especially in the beginning), but then it gets more
interesting. From 11/04/05-11/06/05...so, 2 days. They write a
lot. And this is Japan...believe it or not, the visual kei threads
can be just as bad.
1. Let’s talk about Lolita fashion. To do so, we must put an
end to the use of masculine speech, and research as much as possible
into questions yourself before asking here.
2. New thread! Let’s have fun and try to get along with each
3. A collection of questions:
Q: Do Lolita have to have bangs?
A: Please, wear your hair as you please.
Q: Is a pink/longsocks style Lolita with black hair alright?
A: Well, we’re Japanese so…
Q: Do you get angry when people think of you as a cosplayer?
A: Yes, we certainly do. But even though we say that, the media
still broadcasts us that way and writes about us as cosplayers,
and will probably continue to do so.
Q: What do you think of bodyline?
A: If you compare it to how it was before, I think it’s gotten
a lot better, but nothing but the winter clothing has lining.
The winter line is pretty cold still. You might be looked upon
severely, but if you like it, I think you should wear it. At the
present conditions you will be sneered at by the other loli, but
naturally to ones who are in the wrong here are the people who
Q: What do you think of matching Lolita clothing with Uniqlo?
A: Recently they came out with a Victorian style blouse, and so
if it doesn’t look particularly strange, it could be alright I
Q: Is it natural to wear a jumperskirt without a shirt?
A: It depends on the design.
Q: Alice and Little Red Riding Hood clothing is….?
A: Now there are a lot of people who wear it as Lolita, but basically
I do feel it’s not going to change from being “cosplay”, and so
it really depends on your personal impressions.
Q: But she’s fat….That lady looks kind of old….
A: I don’t know. If you’re fat, please lose weight. If you feel
you’re old, don’t wear it anymore. But also, if there are fat
people dressing as Lolita, there are also 40 year olds wearing
Q: About the lace….
Torchon (beggar’s) lace – if you wash it in the machine
it’s NO GO, but even if you send it to the cleaners it’ll get
a little damaged…
Sen Lace – Washing machine OK, if you iron it afterwards
Russel Lace – Washing machine OK, no ironing OK
Chemical Lace – Washing Machine OK, no ironing OK
Q: How about those with detachable sleeves?
A: If you compare them to those with non-detachable sleeves, some
are unclean. Basically, the interior part has buttons.
Q: I want to become Lolita, but what’s necessary?
A: Blouse, jumperskirt, headdress (or a hairband), drawers, petticoat,
shoes, socks, books on Lolita style make-up, etc. The Antena brand
shoes are relatively inexpensive, and you can make do with a panie
and drawers you’ve made by yourself relatively easily. There are
even shoes being sold for $10 that are cute. But you shouldn’t
be wearing ordinary loafers.
6. I suggest these sights. Beginners, males, one timers, people
who don’t understand the jargon, those who haven’t read them yet,
please feel free to check them.
7. Thank you and good job!
8-16. #1, you are magnificent!
17. This convo sucks so far
18. I wonder if I should reserve the Innocent World (Inowa) hooded
cape? I’ve been a goth/punk for a few years now, but when it turns
to winter I kind of ended up wanting to wear the filly, lacey
loli styles~(*´?`) But I’m a little hesitant to order it just
from seeing it on the homepage, and so I’m thinking of waiting
until it’s on sale and going to the store to see the real thing,
but if I don’t reserve it, it might run out…It’s the long one
with the lace on the cape for reservation on the HP.
19. Try talking in the previous thread, fatso.
20. Finally, someone to make fun of!!
21. #18, I think it depends on the color too. Last year, I was
going to reserve the white one with ribbons (I don’t remember
which month), but it was sold out on reserve, and I just happened
to catch sight of it at the store front, but if you’re worried
maybe you should try at least enquiring into it?
22. #21, first off, sage idiot. Age’s not showing proper respect.
23. I personally got baby’s Teddy Bear Gobelin JSK
24. #22, shut up
25. #21, they’re being reserved and sold out according to color!
I think black’s the nicest, but I wonder…ah! It was the Baroque
Mantle. I thought the Baroque Coat’s good, but the high laced
boots are a delicate matter…I’ll try asking about the stockpile
26. There are strange storms visiting us, hm…
27. Like, “don’t touch me.” There’s all going through though.
28. *useless babbling*
29. *useless babbling*
30. (21) I inadvertently forgot to sage. I’m reflecting on it
now. But for the time being let those things pass…
31. #28,29, you’ve got a lot of free time, haven’t you…
32. There’s a coat that could be like a Baby princessSK for
$150 at a second hand shop. Should I get it?
33. When in doubt, try divination with flower petals
34. I dunno…but it’s passable.
35. #33-34, Got it with a “gee I dunno”…the sale incentive was
36. Isn’t it a persimmon kind?
37. Congrats. Enjoy your purchase.
38. #35, congrats. Wear it well. It’s not really all that important
#36, I don’t know what you’re talking about, but I was like abebe
39. #35 ch *lol* If it’s Oozu, then maybe that’s me *lol*
40. It was a mystery, or more like it’s interesting if you hear
something from a region and look into it.
41. $150…how nice…question. Is a cape or mantle better in the
42. I wrote “Abebe no be” before, but in my region it’s seemingly
indecisive. As god says, Abebe no be is a gunfire’s banbanban,
or an ambulance’s banbanban, fire engine, patrol car…the pattern
continues. It’s a stretch though.
43. “What should I do? Do as the gods do say, buttokoite, buttokoite,
bububu Persimmon types, a bonus’s bonus’s train goes poppo pooo
and whe change our mind”
That’s what I was thinking.
44. I was “What ought I to do? As the undersided god does say
Kinkonkankon Aphid cry, let’s beat the drums dondon”
45. Where I’m from the steam train part is for when kids get
in the bath and won’t you talk about fashion now?
46. Does anyone consult manga character’s costumes? A while ago
my friend said “I wanna wear clothes like Kameno-chan” and people
were like “Isn’t that cosplay?!” and she was laughed at.
47. Manga? I don’t really read it, since I hate it. You all bought
your coats? Reserved them?? Where’d you get them from?...I thought
I’d ask some questions as a test.
49. *more talk about the previous rhyme*
50. If it’s fashion manga like Mihara Mitsukazu, then I think
it’s it’s okay to consult them, but if it’s Moe anime or wanting
to be like a character, I think that’s cosplay.
51. The pigs do talk long. I am a bastardly troll (this person
keeps posting garbage: name, Nezumiland)
52. I don’t read anything but A-min and Fukada for manga. I bought
a coat about a year ago, but I matched it with a baby cape and
wear those for the winter.
53. #46, if it’s Kameno-chan, I don’t think it’s really gonna
be seen as a cosplay. If it’s the haloween one it might be bordering
cosplay though. When I saw Hakuei from the photo video time, I
thought there was something strange though
54. #47 Mine’s not loli brand, but it’s Aline and white, and
I think it’s pretty cute. The front neckline has fur, and it looks
like angora. I got it at the Chiba Rotte Championship sale for
10% off at around $180. Maybe it's a normal older sister, JJ type
brand, but there was another Aline for the same price with a button
part had a 3 layer demountable ribbon, and I was pretty undecided.
The colors were pink, white, light blue, beige, but I think white’s
the easiest to match with Lolita things.
#46 Kusumoto Maki’s world would be forgiven in Lolita I think.
If it’s a late night anime of a girly character, it’s cosplay!
I myself would forgive Mihara Mitsukazu and Yukika Ori, but nothing
cheap. Actually, maybe Yukika’s out…
55. Nezu insults something
57. Kisamoto Maki and Mitsukazu draw realistic kinds of clothes,
after all (especially Kisamoto Maki, who has something to do with
fashion books). I have a feelin gif you want to wear those kinds
of clothes you should go to Ko-di.
Kameno-chan’s clothes are the long ago Lolita fashion I feel,
and comparatively many people know her, and so if you wear them,
it’s going to have an image that’s easy to pass around and understand
that you like those kinds of clothes.
58. I always saw Kameno’s name as Wakame
60. Bloodthirsty much?
61. Not at all! Just don’t read those kind of responses if you
think so. But I’m still wondering where to get a coat and if there’s
a good one, or if they’re all okay then I might want to compare
with someone in the same situation.
62. It can’t be helped that there are Lolita characters in modern
girl’s manga I suppose…there’re a lot from casual wear to niche
fashion after all…It’s the authors. I know I’m saying something
useless, and I apologize.
63. Don’t give it to them.
64. I hate Yazawa and Mitsukazu. And I hate consulting manga
coordinations in itself. It’s not a consultation…am I the only
one who finds fun in coming up with her own coordinations?
65. Well, if everyone did that there’s nothing to say that their
sense would be good and it would be limited. I don’t intentionally
use manga characters as a consultation but…you know…?
66. If you’ve got bad sense, wear Uniqlo.
67. #66, if they wear Uniqlo when they have bad fashion sense,
it’ll get even worse.
68. #67 We’re through with other base cohesion (sweatdrop)
69. I saw some bodyline Lolita clothes at the purikura cosplay
corner in the department store
70. Well, it is “cosplay-like’ after all. Like sailor suits and
71. There’s nurse and cheerleader too. The Lolita cosplay clothes
there are a lot of bodyline and Visible.
72. #71 Like the princess sleeve and overly lacey types, hm.
73. I wanna get a coat quick, but if I think about payday, it’ll
have to wait…*grr*.
74. Sorry to bring this up again, but I can fogive Yuuki Kaori
75. ttp://item.rakuten.co.jp/ais-tuhan/mcsd-30028/ they say this’s
gothic Lolita. This is more like adult, generally? 76. I’d like
me payday too…*grr*
77. “Eros” is written there but…what’s up with that I wonder?
78. This year the end of year arrival goods are coming to an end.
This year’s been really quick. With the new year’ll be spring
fashions, and I don’t really know what to get anymore.
79. Is Baby still famous? I saw Shimotsuma Monogatari and wanted
to wear it too.
80. Sage next time! If it’s not popular, people won’t be wearing
81. You decided to become a Lolita from Shimotsuma? Then I suggest
Bodyline! It’s cheaper than Baby after all!! After that, if you
make a site and post your own pictures wearing it, I’ll be happy!!
82. I wonder if they still sell coats in December…?
83. Why wouldn't they? There were ones remaining for the sale,
like an end of the year to get rid of all the acceptable coats
from the last year. But the popular ones sell out quick, so be
84: Isn;t there anyplace that still makes those violin shaped
bags they were making a number of years ago? I've come to want
one now #&$^#$@ Can anyone who knows anything please inform this
85. Looks like Baby's coming out with them.
86. I wonder if an amaloli can change over to a Mana-like gothic
87. If you're good at what you like doing, do it, they say. If
you like it, there's nothing you shouldn't do I think.
88. #84 Hint: Tokyo Fransuko
89. #87, I really like what you said
91. #79 I also recommend Bodyline! And if you're not cute, make
a site please.
92. #81 Yeah, bodyline's good!! And I definitely wanna see #79's
lolita cuteness! Haha
93.#79 I say bodyline too *lol* It's cheap, lacey, and horribly
cute *lol* Please, become a cute little lolita. And then post
lotsa pics *lol*
94. This is #79. Forgive me. I didn't know about sage. And my
phone doesn't show some things very well, so I'm sorry if it's
hard to read this. I always wore Diamante, and so I wrote I wanted
to wear Baby clothing. It's just Kansai though, so I wonder if
there's a store...
95. #94 You can buy Bodyline anywhere.
96. #94 Baby's no good! Rather than that, you should get all us
lolita's beloved brand, "Bodyline" highly recommended. It's more
fluffy than baby, and there are a lot of different styles! It's
really cute!! I think they have stuff like that in Donquiote too,
so go there quick and check it out!
98. The world's come to and end.
99. #79 I do believe I've been deceived *cries*
100. You're personalities all kind of suck, hm....
101. This is 79. They are, aren't they...all they'll do is lie
to me...I would have been happy if you had just told me in a nice
way...are all lolitas like this? *cries*
102. Yeah. I can't believe they went that far, even if it hadn't
been bullying still...
103. At any rate, #79, I think Baby's normally popular. And if
you can afford Diamante, you can probably afford it too. But don't
just imitate Shimotsuma; try out your own coordinations, and become
a wonderful lolita, okay?
104. *not important*
105. If you can't even understand how to sage, don't post.
106. Well, responding seriously, Bodyline's cosplay oriented.
There are cute things, but then the fabric's dubious or something
like that. I think you'll be able to tell just by looking at them.
As for living in Kansai, if you're near Oosaka the shops are pretty
much gathered in Shinsaibashi, so I think it'd be helpful to go
there and search around. There's a bodyline store there for sure,
and it might be best for you to take a look for yourself. There's
also a Baby direct sales store, and it's a different image than
if you're just ordering things mail order I guess.
107. #79, if you type in "sage" in the email spot, the thread
will stay down, so try to do that.
108. Yeah, cause sage's sage after all.
109. But for myself, what should I do if my impression of loli
110. Covered it up...(laughs)
111. You can sage on a keitai too. Not reading into the atmosphere
is annoying though. That's why instead of getting all riled up
you should just let it pass (laughs) Is the number of people going
from Diamante to Loli high these days? There's a Diamante thread
and the purchasing level's put up on this level too. But it's
strange you don't hear of people who wear Efudi, Resse, Buragura
buying. I think it'd be fine for those kind of people as well.
113. I like private level and lolita. But of course I don't mix
114. Yeah, loli are no good! But we don't whine. There's nothing
we can teach a Shimotsuma girl, so go home.
115. It's #79. Thank you for your advice. Diamante's designs
are becoming more lolita nowadays, and so I think the switchover
might be kind of large. Ogura Yuuko wear that and Milk on tv now
116. Sorry I forgot to sage...
117. I think it was my fault I lost my temper; I'm sorry...(cries)
The Shimotsuma lolita will leave...Thank you to those who actually
118. Age'd again
119. #115 Loli is a fashion that forgives rejects. I wonder
how it is if we rank down vulgar lolita more than Diamante? There
are a lot of messed up people into loli.
120. For someone who can't sage, is there kindness or anything?
121. Diamante's got dresses for $600, right?
122. Their personalities suck, so their faces suck too! And even
though they're truly disgustingly ugly, they wear these kind of
clothes; it's gross.
123. #122 Don't age! *swears* Well then, you're beautiful I suppose?
124. A cutie! I was number one in the crowd! So what? Gonna go
125. Let's leave that well alone. #79, anyhow, if you use *cries*
and *stars* and that people'll jump at you quickly, so be careful.
It's not just this thread though.
126. With stormy experiences you shalf grow strong.
127. Loli is okay, but try to keep the infantility to the clothing
only, okay! Loli are childish in the head too I feel.
128. #79 was tsuri. Perfect.
129. Loli really are sick, so can't you cut it out for real...?
131. Die for ageing. And check this out.
132. #85 thank you. I saw the white one in a magazine. I'm looking
forward to when they go on sale.
#88, does that mean you're familiar with Fransuko? Thank you,
I'll check into it. I'll get that bag at all costs!
134. Only through much anger will you come to know kindness.
135. Sorry, yeah...
137. Shimotsuma~...Going back to school lolita~
138. Waiting for something to pick on?
139. So this is a fashion that only people who're strange in
the head or messed up do then?
140. That's something that can be said to brass knuckle ,black
people, musicians, DQN guys too.
141. Anyway, ignore people who don't sage.